USEFUL INFO for URSI GASS 2021 ATTENDEES
The health and safety of our conference attendees and exhibitors is a priority.
The congress turned to a “hybrid” system thanks to which some speakers will be on site and others will be home. The audience will be both on site and at home and the interaction between on site and virtual will be guaranteed. This choice will result in a decrease of on-site participants as present measure and allows to consider up to maximum 1000 people on site during the congress dates.
There has been an additional re-organization of the spaces dedicated to the congress to respect the distancing of the seats as current rules will state.
The personnel in charge of security will be increased to monitor the flows and measures to be carried out.
GENERAL MEASURES ADOPTED FOR THE CONGRESS
- Social distancing will be required in session rooms or meal functions.
- In the meeting room reduced seats will be available according to the current rules for social distancing. It is not possible to reserve the seats.
Staff will oversee room capacity and prevent people from gathering.
- Consumption of food and beverages will be restricted to designated areas.
Seats will be available also during the welcome reception and other catering moments to avoid possible gathering.
- In the meeting rooms, ventilation is foreseen at the end of each session; sanitation of meeting rooms and common areas will be done according to Health Authorities and certificate of sanitization will be displayed.
- There will be increased cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside and inside meeting rooms and common places.
- Only a luggage storage service will be foreseen (no cloakroom for personal item), in order to avoid contamination.
MEASURES TO PREVENT COVID SPECIFIC FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Participants are invited to pre-register online on the official Congress website to speed the onsite registration process and avoid queues or gatherings at the Organizing secretariat desks.
- Once you pick up the badge, from the second day on, you will just have to have the badge read at the entrance. All accesses will be tracked to keep the full list for at least 14 days.
- Onsite participants will complete and sign an everyday auto-declaration on covid protocol (such as declaring of not having had contacts with positive cases in the last 14 days, not feeling ill etc…)
- Separate entrance and exit path will be guaranteed.
- We ask that all participants use discretion in attending the event. If you are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, please exercise common sense and do not attend the conference that day. When in doubt, get medical attention for an appropriate diagnosis.
- Personnel in charge will check if participants wear their compulsory mask or invite to wear it and well as sanitizing their hands.
MEASURES TO PREVENT COVID SPECIFIC FOR SPEAKERS AND MODERATORS
MANAGEMENT OF MATERIAL IN THE MEETING ROOMS AND IN THE SPEAKERS’ READY ROOM
- Staff will sanitize all the items used during the speeches including speakers’ table and also all the items in the speakers’ ready room
- During the lunch break a complete sanitization of all meeting rooms will be ensured.
- Device sanitization at the end of each session.
COVID-19 APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOURS TO FOLLOW DURING THE CONGRESS
All users must strictly comply with the following provisions:
- wash your hands frequently using soap and water for 40 seconds, alternatively use hydroalcoholic solutions;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands;
- when coughing and/or sneezing, cover the mouth and nose with the elbow recess or with a tissue, avoiding the contact of the hands with respiratory secretions;
- throw the tissue once used and wash your hands immediately after;
- avoid promiscuous use of bottles and glasses;
- avoid hugs, handshakes and direct physical contact;
- inside the premises always wear surgical masks, avoid close and prolonged contact with people and keep a distance of 2 meters (where not possible at least 1 meter);
- outside the premises, when in white zone, wear surgical masks if it is not possible to continuously maintain a distance of at least 2 meters;
- wear FFP2 masks for extraordinary activities in which it is necessary to continuously maintain a distance of less than 1 meter;
- on the way to and from Sapienza, whether using public transport or by car with other non-cohabiting people, it is necessary to wear a face mask continuously.
Access to vending machines is allowed complying with the following indications:
- avoid assemblages;
- sanitize the hands before accessing the consumption area through the gel dispensers placed outside the area;
- consume what is taken away from other people;
- access the vending machines area one person at a time.
Where to get a COVID-19 swab close to the Congress Venue
The cost is €20,00 for serological, €22,00 for antigen test.
We kindly advise to contact the pharmacy before reaching it
Below the list of the closest PHARMACIES to the Congress Venue: